If you enjoy working with people and care about animals and the environment, Aquarium of the Bay might be the right place for you to work.
To apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send a cover letter mentioning the job title for which you are applying, along with your resume to the email address below the job description or fax it to 415.623.5324.
No phone calls, please.
Aquarium of the Bay, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit marine nature center, is looking to hire two (2) full-time Education Supervisors to help lead it’s team of part-time naturalists. The Aquarium’s mission is to create experiences that inspire conservation of the San Francisco Bay and its watershed. Partnered with The Bay Institute, the Aquarium strongly emphasizes education, conservation, and research as its key priorities. Under the supervision of the Director of Education & Conservation and Education & Volunteer Manager, the Education Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the Education Department are smooth and successful. This includes staff management, training, and support, guest interactions and engagement, and cross-department relationships. Two full-time Education Supervisors will be hired and will be assigned a set-schedule of either Wednesday through Sunday or Saturday through Wednesday. Applicant must be willing to start position no later than June 15, 2013.
Please click here for full job description and application details. Please note that the deadline for the application is Wednesday May 22, 2013.
Visitor Services Associate
As a Visitor Services Associate you are responsible for accurate ticket and merchandise sales transactions in all our ticket booths, retails stores and theater, with a heavy emphasis placed on guest interaction. The VS Associate role is the first and last point of contact a guest has with the Aquarium and is seen as the “face” of our organization; it’s up to you to provide a friendly, helpful and welcoming atmosphere through engaging service, thorough knowledge of all our products and an enthusiasm for our institution. This position has a variety of responsibilities and has potential for growth. Please click here to review the full job description. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales and Event Associate — Part Time (Aquarium of the Bay)
Aquarium of the Bay, a 501c(3) non-profit organization, is San Francisco Bay's only waterfront Aquarium. We are passionate about providing unforgettable encounters with our natural world in ways that ignite both wonder and conservation. We do this from our 50,000 square foot facility at the heart of San Francisco's historic Fisherman's Wharf. The Aquarium is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), institutional member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) and certified as a Green Business by the city of San Francisco.
Aquarium of the Bay partners with The Bay Institute to protect, restore and inspire conservation of San Francisco Bay and its watershed, from the Sierra to the sea.
Events position purpose/general duties:
- Responsible for assisting with all aspects of sales, reservations, and events.
- Respond to inquiries, proposals, contracts, invoices.
- Coordinate catering, rentals, other event services.
- Reply and process all group inquiries and reservations.
- Maintain inventory of event supplies.
- Work with Sales department to achieve maximum exposure and sales of facility rentals
- Work with Director of Sales, Corporate Sales and Events Manager and Sales Associate on any projects when necessary.
Minimum experience/education requirements:
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience in the events industry.
- 2 years event reservations ticketing system, sales, customer service, and event planning experience.
- Basic computer and IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, email, web
- Knowledge of Galaxy Software
- Strong sales and customer service experience
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.