Volunteers are vital to the operation of all of the Aquarium’s programs, and you can make a meaningful contribution to the experience of more than half a million visitors a year. From helping educate the public to assisting with daily maintenance responsibilities, we simply could not do it without volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, U.S. residents, and able to work a regular weekly shift for a period of at least six months. Shifts are usually from four to eight hours in length, depending on the position. All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation. For certain volunteer roles, there may also be physical and/or experience requirements.
There are many perks that go along with volunteering at the Aquarium, including:
- Ongoing professional training
- “Individual Plus” Aquarium membership (after 50 hours of service)
- First-hand look at behind-the-scenes operations
- 20% Aquarium gift shop discount
- Recognition, guest passes, and awards for hours served
- Volunteer appreciation events
- New friendships
- Smiles and thanks of visitors from all over the world
- Satisfaction of knowing you are essential to the success of the Aquarium and its mission
Do you have questions about volunteering at Aquarium of the Bay? We have answers for you! Check out the answers to frequently asked questions.
From animal care to education, Aquarium of the Bay offers a variety of volunteer options to complement your interests and skills. Explore our various volunteer roles.
Do you have questions about volunteering at Aquarium of the Bay? We have answers for you! Check out responses on commonly asked questions.
Five Steps to Volunteer
Follow these 5 simple steps and become and official volunteer for Aquarium of the Bay.
From animal care to support in our retail stores, Aquarium of the Bay offers a variety of volunteer options to complement your interests and skills.