Bay Area School Reservations
Aquarium of the Bay is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting, restoring and inspiring the conservation of San Francisco Bay and its watershed, from the Sierra to the sea.
Thanks to the generosity of our individual donors, foundations and corporations, and through aquarium ticket sales, we are able to provide all of our educations programs for FREE to K-12 schools and communities in the nine Bay Area counties. All local school groups interested in experiencing one of our education programs or self-guided tours must submit a reservation request. Please review the following important information before submitting your Reservation Request Form. Thank you for working with us to make your Aquarium of the Bay field trip as fun and enjoyable as possible!
How to make a class or tour reservation
NOTE: Reservations for the 2014-2015 school year will be open for all schools in the 9 Bay Area Counties on Monday, August 25th.
Step #1: Check out our available programming to determine what best fits the needs of your group. Please note which programs are available to match your group’s grade level as well as your schedule. Keep in mind that some programs cannot bridge wide grade ranges
Step #2: Fill out an online Reservation Request Form for your desired program in its entirety. Reservations via phone are not accepted.
Step #3: Reservation Request Forms are accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Education Coordinator will review your form, call you with any questions or conflicts and then process your request.
Step #4: A confirmation letter will be e-mailed to you once your request has been confirmed by the Education Coordinator. Your reservation is not complete until you have received a confirmation letter.
Step #5: Once the Education Coordinator has fully processed your program, a Field Trip Packet, which includes your confirmation number, the Aquarium Behavior Agreement and Chaperone Guide will be e-mailed to you. It is important to bring your confirmation number and signed Behavior Agreement to the Aquarium on the day of your visit.
Important Notes about Classes and Tours at Aquarium of the Bay and our Sea Lion Center:
Each reservation is for a maximum of 42 participants. This includes all students, teachers and parent chaperones. If your group is larger than 42 participants, you will need to have two reserved time slots. Please read program descriptions carefully, as certain programs have other limits.
Programs cannot be shortened. We offer many different programs to teachers to choose from, but some vary in length. Please be aware of how long the program is that you are reserving, and make appropriate plans to be at the Aquarium for the entire length of the program.
- One chaperone for every five students will be granted free admission.
1st-12 grades are as follows
- 4 Chaperones for 20 students (including the teacher)
- 5 Chaperones for 25 students (including the teacher)
- 6 Chaperones for 30 Students (including the teacher)
- 7 Chaperones for 35 Students (including the teacher)
- Additional chaperones above what is included with the group, will be charged $10.00 per person for admission.
- All programs, with the exception of the Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program, are FREE to all TK-12 Bay Area schools (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Solano counties). Each program is offered at different times throughout the school year, and all require a reservation.
- Non-Bay Area schools, Pre-K and after school programs, non-local college groups, and summer camps wishing to visit the Aquarium should contact Group Sales to schedule a visit.
- Please note any special circumstances or additional necessary information on your Reservation Request Form. The more information you provide about your group, the better we can modify the program to meet your needs.
- Please take a minute to read through our Tips for a Successful Visit.
- Availability is limited for our programs. Please submit your Reservation Request Form early!