Bay Area School ReservationsAll school groups must make a reservation to visit the Aquarium and experience one of our hands-on education programs. Please review the following important information before submitting your Reservation Request Form. Thank you for working with us to make your visit an educational and enjoyable experience!
Timeline for reservations for the 2012-2013 school year:
- SFUSD teachers may submit Reservation Request Forms starting September 4th, 2012 for classes and tours during the 2012-2013 school year.
- All other Bay Area teachers maybe submit Reservation Request Forms starting September 11th, 2012 for classes and tours during the 2012-2013 school year.
How to make a class or tour reservation for the 2012-2013 school year:
Step #1:Fill out a Reservation Request Form in its entirety and submit via e-mail (Mayra@bay.org) or fax (415) 623-5324. Reservations via phone are not accepted.
Step #2: Reservation Request Forms are accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Education Coordinator will review your form, call you with any questions or conflicts, and then process your request.
Step #3: A confirmation letter will be faxed or e-mailed to you once your request has been confirmed by the Education Coordinator. DO NOT assume you have a reservation unless you have been contacted by the Education Coordinator or have received a confirmation letter.
Step #4: Once the Education Coordinator has fully processed your program, a Field Trip Packet, which includes your confirmation number, the Aquarium Behavior Agreement and Chaperone Guide will be e-mailed or faxed to you. It is important to bring your confirmation number and signed Behavior Agreement to the Aquarium on the day of your visit. DO NOT assumeyou have a reservation unless you have been contacted by the Education Coordinator or have received a confirmation letter.
Click here to download the 2012-2013 Reservation Request Form.
Important Notes About Classes and Tours at the Aquarium
- Each reservation is for a maximum of 35 students, except where noted in the program descriptions. Please read program descriptions closely.
- School groups must have a minimum chaperone to student ratio of one chaperone to five students. Additional chaperones will be charged $10.00 per person for admission.
- All programs, with the exception of the Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program, are free to all K-12 Bay Area schools (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Solano counties). Each program is offered at different times throughout the school year, and all require a reservation.
- Non-Bay Area schools, Pre-K and after school programs not affiliated with SFUSD, non-local college groups, and summer camps wishing to visit the Aquarium should contact Group Sales to schedule a visit.
- Please note any special circumstances or additional necessary information on your Reservation Request Form (e.g. your group will need to leave early or you have a child with special needs). The more information you provide about your group, the better we can modify the program to meet your needs.
- Please take a minute to read through our Tips for a Successful Visit.
- Availability is limited for our programs. Please submit your Reservation Request Form early!