Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program
Join Aquarium of the Bay and Alcatraz Cruises for a unique, hands-on educational experience. Led by the Aquarium’s team of expert naturalists, the Discover the Bay-Hybrid Ferry Program provides an immersive learning experience with San Francisco Bay onboard Hornblower Hybrid.
This 5-hour program includes:
- Ecology, food web and basic water chemistry of San Francisco Bay
- The history of the Bay and the surrounding Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Impacts of climate change to the region
- Innovative energy saving technologies
- Personal actions everyone can do to protect this vital resource
- An optional tour of Aquarium of the Bay's exhibits
The Discover the Bay-Hybrid Ferry Program is only available on limited dates during the school year. Please check back in September 2014 for additional information.
- Maximum number of total participants (students, teachers, and chaperones) per program: 45.
- Minimum 1 adult chaperone per 7 student ratio required.
Scholarship information can be obtained either by checking back Fall 2014 or by signing up for our Educator E-newsletter.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE! If you are interested in sponsoring a class trip or the entire program, please contact email@example.com.