- Adult (13-64): $29.25
- Child (4-12): $19.25
- Children (3 and under): $1.00
- Senior (65+): $24.25
Family of 4 bundle: $80 (Save $12+)
Includes tickets for:
- 2 adults (ages 13+)
- 2 children (ages 4-12 )
Use promo code FAM4 at checkout.
Share your adventure at a reduced rate with groups of 10 or more when booking at least three (3) business days prior to visiting.
AVAILABLE FROM ANYWHERE WITH WIFI OR LTE
Virtual Aquarium Visits
- Our live, interactive, virtual tours through Zoom bring the diversity of Northern California marine and terrestrial life right to you-from anywhere with cell service or WiFi.
- The virtual Aquarium of the Bay experience is 45 minutes long and pairs you with one of our wildlife experts to answer as many questions as you want!
- This brand new experience offers an inspired lens to nature, and a glimpse into 70% of our planet that most never have the opportunity to see.
- This directly supports our mission of enabling climate resilience and ocean conservation through education!
- When: Sundays at 10:00 am, Thursdays at 6:00 pm
- Length: 45 minutes
- Price: Starting at only $40 for 1-4 people
Diving for Citizen Scientists Course
The Bay Academy has developed a diving course geared towards citizens with scuba certification who want to get more involved with ocean conservation. You can begin your academic learning at home immediately, and be ready to start your in-water component, scheduled for May 15 & 16, 2021. The course will be led by PADI Master Instructor and Marine Biologist, Dr Dayne Buddo, Director of the Bay Academy with support from Chris Grace, PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer and Aquarium of the Bay’s Dive Safety Officer.
You would earn 3 PADI Specialty Certifications:
- PADI Fish Identification Specialty Diver (2 dives)
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography (2 dives)
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy (2 dives)
Plus receive training and knowledge from our team at Aquarium of the Bay about the interesting facts about the aquatic wildlife in the Bay Area. This will include the opportunity to do single dive in our 370,000 gallon Nearshore Tunnel exhibit. This unique experience will provide you the opportunity to get up close to thousands of fish including giant sea bass, garibaldi, numerous rockfish and perch species to highlight a few.
If you’re interested in doing more diving at the Aquarium, consider joining our team of volunteers. This is a weekly opportunity to help care for the nearly 20,000 animals that call the Aquarium home. On SCUBA, assist with the underwater maintenance of our aquarium exhibits, including vacuuming and scrubbing, preparing diets and performing broadcast and targeted feedings to a variety of animals.
- PADI Materials
- Tank fills for Open Water Dives (6 tank fills)
- Certification Cards (3)
- Behind the Scenes tour of the Aquarium of the Bay
Does not include:
- Scuba gear, wetsuit or basic gear
- Camera rental
- Transportation to Monterey Bay dive sites
- Meals and refreshments
NEW: Hands-on Marine Conservation
The newest program launched by BayEcotarium will bring you up-close and personal with hands-on conservation work in 5 countries around the world!
Participants will have the chance to tag sharks, contribute to real conservation work, document research, and engage in a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience based around marine conservation.
O’ahu, Hawaii: April 2-10, 2021
Focus: Coral reef restoration; $7,000/person; 12 spots
Costa Rica: June-July 2021
- Golfo de Papagayo: June 13-22; $7,500/person; 12 spots total
- Golfo Dulce: July 8-18; $7,500/person; 12 spots total
Focus: Shark research and conservation, hands-on training and experience in shark tagging and underwater shark visual monitoring
Florida Keys: May, 2021
Focus: Marine Protected Areas, coral reef restoration; $6,000/person; 12 spots
Colombia: September, 2021
Focus: Marine Protected Areas, adaptation to climate change; $6,000/person; 12 spots
Mexico: November, 2021
Focus: Marine Protected areas, whale sharks, bull sharks; $6,000/person; 12 spots
Sign up below or check out the info packet above for more information!
NEW: Live Interactive Exploration Experience
- This is a Live Interactive Exploration Experience in the natural environment for a global audience.
- Participants will explore a habitat with a Wildlife Expert and content will be configured based on the audience by our Education Specialists
- There will be different environments: underwater, wetlands and forests, and each adventure will immerse the audience into that environment.
- Guests will explore underwater peering through the lens of an Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) while it explores
- Aerial drones and surface cameras will be used to capture footage and broadcasting live from the field.
- Guests will be able to ask questions real-time and get responses as they explore.
- The unpredictable features of the wild will give the audience a unique experience.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your slot on our next Ed-Venture
No visit to San Francisco would be complete without a trip to the world-famous Fisherman’s Wharf. Make the most out of your trip with the WharfPass – your one-stop-ticket-ship to five iconic attractions with up to $35 in savings!
Science Workshops for Kids
Calling all kids: Join us for outdoor hands-on science workshops on Pier 39! Come collect Plankton Samples from the Bay, observe wild Sea Lions, meet one of our animal ambassadors up close, and learn about the San Francisco Bay. This workshop will be led by our experienced science educators and include a small, safe, socially distanced group of other kids. Get your mask on and your science on!
- Animal Encounter with a reptile
- Community Science project with the Sea Lions
- Plankton Tow and analysis using Microscopes
We are temporarily pausing bookings for Science Saturdays
Get a sneak peek at what goes on Behind the Scenes. Traverse the catwalk above our tanks. Learn about our dive operations. Find out how we care for 20,000 marine animals.
We always welcome service animals at the Aquarium, but the unique experience behind the scenes at the Aquarium may not be suitable for all service animals. If you have any questions about your service animal attending a Behind the Scenes tour, please call us and our Animal Care team would be happy to discuss.
- When: Daily at 1:00 pm, plus 4:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Length: 45 minutes.
- Children must be 5+ (Ages 5-15 must be accompanied by an adult that is 18+)
Get a 15% dining discount with your Aquarium ticket at:
- Fog Harbor
- Pier Market
- Wipeout Bar & Grill
*See the back of your ticket for details.
Visitors who dine at participating full-service PIER 39 restaurants receive one hour of free validated parking in the PIER 39 Garage.
Participating restaurants include: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Chart House, Crab House, Eagle Cafe, Fog Harbor Fish House, Hana Zen Japanese Grill, Hard Rock Cafe, Luigi’s Pizzeria, Mango’s Taqueria & Cantina, Pier Market Seafood Restaurant, Players Sports Grill & Arcade,Swiss Louis Italian & Seafood Restaurant and Wipeout Bar & Grill.
Be sure to ask your server to validate your PIER 39 Garage ticket. Multiple parking validations cannot be combined. Limit one parking validation per vehicle. Validation program is subject to change without notice.